Arizona is unique among the 50 states. Sporting a wide variety of desert plants and a wide, sweeping landscape lined with mountains, and cactus, driving through the valley of the sun can be an experience unlike any other you’ve had before.
Arizona is a great place to live and visit, but if you’re unfamiliar with the land or the weather, it might do to take a look at some of our tips, and get your car checked at an automotive repair shop before driving in the Grand Canyon state. Keep Greulich’s Automotive in mind!
- Be aware of photo radar: Arizona is one of the few states that have adopted a photo radar system in response to speed limit control, so make sure you’re aware of where these cameras are and what the speed limit is around the area.
- Pay attention to flash flood warnings: If an area is barricaded off during a storm, chances are there is a flash flood. Do not enter these areas, even if you think your car can make it through the flood water. These floods can oftentimes look deceptively shallow.
- Take care in dust storms: Dust storms, a frequent marvel of the desert, can strike without warning. If you find yourself caught in the middle of a dust storm with no way to safety, then pull off the road, drive slowly with your headlights on, and be aware of cars both in front of and behind you.
- Be especially vigilant in the rain: Because rain is not a common occurrence, Arizona drivers don’t take enough care on slick, wet roads. Driving at the speed limit, as well as avoiding large pools of water, will keep you from hydroplaning in wet weather.
- Wear your seatbelt: This one may seem like a no-brainer, but wearing a seatbelt could save your life on one of Arizona’s dangerous highways. Make sure yours is always securely fastened, and that you securely fasten the seatbelts of any children or minors riding in your vehicle.
Keeping your car running smoothly can also keep you safe on the road. Routinely taking your vehicle to an automotive service shop can keep important components of your automobile working, such as the engine, breaks, and headlights. For all of your auto repair needs, stop in to Greulich’s Automotive Service and take a look at the ways that our professionals can guarantee quality and safety for your vehicle.