Car Body Shop Phoenix Tips To Review From Greulich's Automotive: Take a Look at 6 Ways to Keep Your Auto Paint Shining for Years!
To retain the shine of your car’s paint, utilize the following maintenance steps.
- First, it’s important that you care for your car’s paint in temperate weather. Generally, if you can comfortably put your hand on your car’s paint, then it’s cool enough to work on your vehicle’s paint job.
- Wash your car on a regular basis to remove dirt, debris, and contaminants from the surface of your car’s paint. Be sure to use cleaning products that are specifically designed for automotive paint. Also, use only a 100 percent cotton or microfiber cloth to wash your vehicle’s exterior.
- Always dry your car with a 100 percent cotton cloth after washing it. Drying your car will prevent water spots from drying on the surface of your car.
- For more persistent debris on your car’s paint, like bug residue or tree sap, try using a clay bar. Clay will come with a lubricating spray, which you’ll want to apply generously before using the clay on your paint.
- Next, you’ll want to use a glaze or a polish to bring up the shine in your vehicle’s paint. When using a glaze or a polish, be sure to work one section at a time. Also, work in a linear direction, not in circles. Never apply the product directly to the paint. Instead apply the product to a 100 percent cotton cloth.
- Now you’re ready to wax. Waxing is the best way to protect your car’s paint and to get it to shine like new. For the best results, use a buffing towel. Ask your local automotive service and repair shop for tips on the best wax products to use.
Does your car need more than just a good washing and waxing? Do you need auto collision repair, auto body repair, or auto repair? Greulich’s Automotive Service & Repair has trained technicians who can take care of all of your automotive repair needs. Plus, we offer 24-hour towing and free estimates. Contact one of our 13 area locations to schedule your appointment today!